Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas Baby Hendricks!

So I am sitting here the evening of Christmas reflecting on all our blessings.  I will admit that yesterday morning I started off a little on the melancholy side.  I had been listening to the Third Day song "Merry Christmas" and couldn't stop thinking of our little man halfway around the world.  Just knowing the family fun, celebrations and memories that would happen over these few days without our new Son finally got the best of me.  My arms ached to hold him.  That's my baby.  From the moment we said "yes" he will forever more be our Son and frankly I want him home.  But God came through for me as he always does.  Yesterday I had 3 completely separate instances where this exact same verse was put in front of me (once at work, once on someone else's Facebook post and again at the Christmas Eve service at Church).

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 


I get it, I really do, all in His time.  So onward we go.  Our fundraisers continue, we rearrange rooms and sort clothes all in preparation for this new little life that will be joining our family.  It may not be when I am ready for it, but I know that it will happen at exactly the right time b/c His plans are never wrong.  So for now Merry Christmas Baby Hendricks!  Papa, Mama, Big Brother and fur baby Baxter can't wait to celebrate Christmas with you next year and every year after.

No comments:

Post a Comment