Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sigh.....

So not really much to report.  I called to check on the status of our home study and I could tell our poor Social Worker was reluctant to tell me.  Apparently the one she sent with ours came back almost 10 days ago and a couple she sent after ours has already come back approved.  No idea why ours is still waiting.  She sent an email to DCFS to check the status, but she hasn't heard back yet.  Maybe I will get the approval letter in the mail today?!?!  Hey, a girls gotta dream right.

We are also still waiting on the Department of State to get us back Mark's new copy of his birth certificate.  No idea why that is taking so long either since I included the postage for overnight delivery and they already cashed our check, but the good news is that they did cash our check so they did process the request.  We had sent for this in May and it took them 3 1/2 weeks to send it back to us to say they wanted different information.  So we should be getting that any day.

So we still wait.  I am surprisingly calm right now.  I know from our first adoption that all these little setbacks just mean that OUR baby is not ready for us yet.  (feel free to remind me of this particular paragraph once we are matched and in the long approval wait from China--I will need it.)

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment