Friday, August 1, 2014

Approved!!!

3 months to the day after our last home study visit and we FINALLY have an approved home study by the State of Illinois!!!  Yay!!!!  Can you feel my excitement.  I mean that wait was awful.  Apparently there was some wording that needed changed and our awesome social worker emailed and faxed everything needed (all while on vacation).  Seriously we love our Social worker, she is awesome!  So that means that tomorrow morning Konnor and I (Mark will be at Guard) will take our home study and completed I-800a immigration forms to the post office and have then sent off to USCIS.  Currently this next step is taking anywhere from 30-60 days.  In a couple weeks we will go get more fingerprints done, this time for immigration b/c you know we haven't already had 2 sets of fingerprints done and 3 background checks : )  Ok I am being a bit snarky, but really I am just so excited to be able to move on to the next step.  This week was hard for me as I was starting to get very discouraged by our lack of movement on this adoption.  I just keep reminding myself that all these little setbacks are just God's way of making sure our paperwork is ready when our baby is ready  for us (It's possible He knows I am impatient and would jump at the chance to have any of the little ones I see people advocate for as a son/daughter so he is finding ways to stall my enthusiasm a bit : )  Regardless, we are on to the next step now and will (hopefully) be seeing pictures of the next baby Hendricks in 6-8 weeks.

Yay!!!! Happy Friday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment