Friday, October 17, 2014

It's Out Of My Hands, EEK!

Hooray, the Chinese Consulate in Chicago accepted and authenticated all of our documents.  Whew!  So our documents were to be returned to us on Wed.  I am so thankful that I have recently adjusted my work schedule so that I can take Konnor to Preschool or there would have been a major catastrophe waiting when I got home that day.  So as Konnor and I walk out the door for Preschool at 755 I see our newly delivered documents on our front stoop.  Our wet, b/c it has rained for 2 days and is going to rain all day, front stoop.  Thankfully only the package was wet and a little crinkling to the tops of the documents, but no water stains.  Can you imagine if they had sat on our front step all day (mind you if the delivery person had walked another foot the documents would have been on our large covered front porch).  I just can't even think about it.

So Wed. night I copied and stapled until 11 pm.  This morning I handed 10 months of blood (ok maybe just a few paper cuts), sweat and many, many tears over to a nice man at the post office.  Side Note: you may spend to much time at the post office when the staff notices that you are anxious when sending documents away.  I mean I was seriously shaking.  Unless you have been through the process it is hard to understand, but at this point in time that pile of paperwork is my family.  That pile of paperwork will be my next child.  I am not carrying them around inside me protecting them, and so I have to hand over these life altering documents to a stranger and pray that they take care with them.  IT IS HARD!  I really just want to drive them to my agency myself, then fly them personally to China and put them directly in the hands of the person that will translate them and give the thumbs up.  Instead I put my faith in God to prepare the way for our next child to come home.

What is next??  Our agency will get our all completed documents on Monday, probably Tuesday or Wed.  they will be on their way to China.  Once China accepts our documents we will be issued an LID (Log In Date) and our agency will officially be given permission to match us will a child.  Our agency is hoping that they will have a match for us within a month so fingers crossed.  Until then I will just jump every time my phone rings so don't be offended if I sound disappointed when I answer the phone : )

Don't forget to stop by our fundraiser for organic coffee and hot chocolate, mugs and shirts   www.justlovecoffee.com/hendricksadoption    and stay tuned b/c we have a great fundraiser that will be starting very soon for all those train lovers out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment