Tuesday, October 21, 2014

We Are DTC!!!!!

My caseworker emailed me this morning and right at this very second our documents are on their way to China!!!!  Yay!!!!  This has been 10 months in the making, but it all feels like a blink right now.  I can't believe we are finally Dossier To China (DTC).  Our agency anticipates that China will give them confirmation of receiving our documents in about a week which is called a Log In Date (LID).  Yes, there are a lot of acronyms in the adoption world : )  Getting a LID is exciting, but essentially right now we are just waiting on THE CALL, I mean the one where my caseworker says she has pictures of the future baby Hendricks.  We have had so many setbacks along that way that I was starting to lose my excitement for this whole process, but now it is back in full swing and I am mentally decorating a baby room.  I will keep everyone posted.  Keep an eye out b/c we have a very exciting fundraiser starting later this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment